Hogwarts Reinvented
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Professors and Staff

4 posters

Go down

Hogwarts Professors and Staff Empty Hogwarts Professors and Staff

Post by Leighton Cross Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:10 pm

Headmistress: A Headmaster or Headmistress is the chief administrator of a School of Magic . They make all major decisions regarding the safety and the day-to-day functioning of the school, and have the power to override any decision made by any other authoritative facilitator at the school, with the possible exception of the Board of Governors, in Hogwarts. A Headmaster also controls the protective spells surrounding the school and the ability for certain individuals to enter or exit the grounds at will.
~Leighton Cross

Deputy Headmistress/Headmaster: Assists the headmaster in his duties. In the event of a headmaster's incapacitation, the deputy headmaster serves as temporary headmaster until the Board of Governors can elect a new, permanent one. There can also be more than one deputy headmaster.
~Felicia Dawson

Head of House (3): A title for a Professor at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry who is responsible for the one of the four Houses: Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw or Slytherin. It is possible for a Head of House to serve concurrently as Deputy Head but not as Headmaster.
Gryffindor~ Felicia Dawson
Slytherin~
Ravenclaw~ Sheldon Cooper
Hufflepuff~ Reserved

Transfiguration (1): Essentially the art of changing the properties of an object.

Defense Against the Dark Arts (1): The class that teaches students defensive techniques to defend against the Dark Arts, and to be protected from Dark creatures.

Charms (1): The class that teaches how to develop incantations for the uses of bewitchment.

Potions: Described as the art of creating mixtures with magical effects.
~Sheldon Cooper

Astronomy (1): Lessons involve observations of the night skies with telescopes.

History of Magic (1): The study of magical history.

Herbology (1): The study of magical plants and how to take care of, utilise and combat them.

Arithmancy (1): A branch of magic concerned with the magical properties of numbers.

Ancient Runes (1): Is a generally theoretical subject that studies the ancient runic scripts.

Divination (1): Is the art of predicting the future.

Care of Magical Creatures (1): The class which instructs students on how to care for magical beasts.

Muggle Studies (1): Involves the study of the Muggle culture "from a wizarding point of view."

Flying (1): The class that teaches the use of broomsticks made for the use of flying and is taught only to Hogwarts first years.

Caretaker (1): The title and occupation held at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry by a witch, wizard, or Squib in charge of overseeing the cleanliness and hygiene of Hogwarts Castle.

Groundskeeper (1): The Keeper of Keys and Grounds (also known as the gamekeeper or groundskeeper) is a wizard employed by Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry to tend to and look after the grounds of the school, as well as the security of Hogwarts Castle.

Librarian (1): The Hogwarts librarian is a witch employed by Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry to monitor the library and watch over and protect books.

Healer (2): A Healer is the Wizarding world equivalent of a Muggle doctor. They will take care of the sick or injured at Hogwarts.

Code:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Position:[/b]
[b]Why you want it:[/b]
[b]Example of your work:[/b]

Last edited by Leighton Cross on Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
Leighton Cross
Leighton Cross
Headmistress

https://hogwartsreinvented.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Hogwarts Professors and Staff Empty Re: Hogwarts Professors and Staff

Post by Felicia Dawson Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:26 pm

Name: Felicia Dawson
Position: Deputy Headmistress/Gryffindor HOH
Why you want it: Felicia is rather loyal to Hogwarts, and would love nothing more than to give back to her alma mater than holding such prestigious positions within the Hogwarts administration.
Example of your work: "Miss Dawson!" Felicia heard a small voice call. She turned around and saw a first-year Gryffindor running towards her.
"Yes, Amy?" Felicia asked the girl, recognizing her from the sorting ceremony.
"Miss Dawson, Jeremiah hit me. I want you to give him detention, and I want him reported to the Headmistress."
Felicia smiled, and crouched down to Amy's level.
"Yes, it's bad he hit you, but I'm not going to give him detention for it, and I'm certainly not going to bother the Headmistress with this." Felicia said with a friendly smile.
"But...he hit me..."
"Tell you what: if I see him do it next time, I'll take some points away. Is that fair?"
"I guess...but will you really take points away from your own house?"
"If I have to, yes."
"Wow. I would never take points from Gryffindor."
"Just remember your Gryffindor courage, Amy. Stand up to him next time."

Accepted

Last edited by Leighton Cross on Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Accepted by Leighton Cross)
Felicia Dawson
Felicia Dawson
Deputy Headmistress and Head of Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Cooper Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:37 pm

Name: Sheldon Cooper
Position: Ravenclaw HoH, Potions professor
Why you want it: Do I really have to explain it? There is simply no alternative witch or wizard as capable as he is of teaching these new, bothersome little children. Explaining why would simply be restating what you already know and that gets rather tiresome after a while. Be happy he's not Minister of Magic already, or he wouldn't be wasting his time on you.
Example of your work: The door closes behind him with a loud bang, not because he's in a bad mood but because he feels like at least one professor should teach these children that not everyone is going to be a nice guy. He pauses in front of a desk in the back of the room, eyes narrowing as a small, black-haired Hufflepuff quivers before him. "That's my spot," he says, eyes narrowing slightly. The boy hastily gathers his things and is tripping over himself to join a sympathetic-looking Gryffindor girl at the next table. He takes his seat, brushing an invisible speck of dust off of his shirt before flicking his wand at the chalkboard; it writes as he talks.

"Boil cure potion," he says loudly, watching in mild amusements as the tiny students' eyes go from the board to him and back, head bouncing as if it is a ping-pong ball. "How many of you can guess what it does?" One Slytherin and a few Ravenclaws' hands go up. "Deringer. Go."

"It-it cures boils, sir," the mousy girl replies, fiddling with her tie.

"Stop that," he orders with a scowl, and she obediently drops her hand. "You are correct." He doesn't give her any points - she's not a Ravenclaw, and he usually just gives points to Ravenclaws - but he doesn't take any away from her, either, which is more than he does if she gets it wrong. "Now, look at the board. The first step is..."

Obviously Accepted

Last edited by Leighton Cross on Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Accepted by Leighton Cross)
Sheldon Cooper
Sheldon Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Malenna Carter Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:48 pm

Name: Malenna Carter
Position: Hufflepuff HOH and Astronomy professor
Why you want it: Because Malenna has always been fond of the stars and can pass her knowledge along. Also, if she did go to Hogwarts, Hufflepuff would probably be her house.
Example of your work: Malenna paced around the astronomy tower. It was late at night, and she decided to take her class to examine the stars at night, for a full effect. She fiddled with the telescopes, waiting for the students to pour in.

As they rubbed their puffy eyes, a younger student tugged on her clock. "Yes Katie?" Malenna reconized the girl to be a Hufflepuff student, her house. "Miss Carter, my telescope broke." She practicially wailed. Sighing softly, Malenna waved her wand and the telescope repaired immedietly. Watching the girl run off, she cleared her throat.

"Now class, adgust your telescopes to the moons of Jupiter, and draw what you see. You have one hour."

Malenna Carter
Malenna Carter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down